Mobile Application Developer – iOS and Android
Job Title: Mobile Application Developer – iOS and Android
Job Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Degree: Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field
As a Broken Cipher Software Engineer, you’ll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You’ll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, PHP, MYSQL, Jenkins, iOS, Android, and Linux Infrastructure to name a few.
What you’ll do
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- At least 1 years of experience in leading mobile development
- At least 2 years of experience in software development
- At least 2 years of experience in Java programming environments and the experience to separate presentation and content.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science
- Do you have portfolio of shipped code on GitHub?
- Do you have 2-3 years of experience with Native mobile development and Angular JS?
- Do you have 1 years of experience with PhoneGap?
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science or related fields, Masters or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience directing the software development process from requirements gathering through deployment and maintenance.4+ years of experience with object-oriented analysis and design concepts and techniques.
- 2+ years of experience using Java Script frameworks like Jquery.
- Experience in Unit Testing and other related testing frameworks
- Experience working in a collaborative environment using tools such as GIT and build tools such as Ant and Maven
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and through writing.
- Familiar with development environments: XCode, Eclipse, and Visual Studio
- Familiar with: PhoneGap, MinGW, ctypes, asynchronous programming, threads
- Experience developing iOS and/or Android applications
- Comfortable with the Unix command line
- Self-motivated, and self sufficient
Knowledge: Sound knowledge of Software Design Principles, Software Development Life Cycle, Design Patterns, Coding Practices, Emerging Technologies
- Displays Professional image of self and company
- Works well as a part of a team
Essential Functions / Job Duties:
- Collaborate with Secure SDLC Team and system administrators in designing, developing and maintaining a robust, reliable, scalable and highly available system.
- Design and review system implementations.
- Research and determine feasibility of new technologies that are relevant.
- Work with Project Managers in identifying software requirements, estimating resources and establishing software release schedules
- Work with System Administrators and other technical support personnel in ensuring suitable environments and resources are available for development, testing and deployment
- Responsible for periodically reviewing and enhancing the software development practices to ensure timely deliverance of high quality software and services
- Work with SQA personnel in ensuring and enhancing software quality
- Work with Data Services personnel to ensure that the software meets the expected data requirements.
What we offer you
- Join a company where your work makes a difference from day one.
- You´ll have lot of space as a developer to dive deep into technology. We want you to!
- The most exciting times are just ahead as the company is scaling now and you can be part of this journey.
- Pick your tools you think are right to do your job.
- Good Salary